The Status of Institutional Reforms After 100 Days (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
The London School of Economics and Political Science Alumni Society of Malaysia (LSEASM) and The Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (IDEAS), would like to invite you to join us in a public forum to discuss the current status of the institutional reforms 100 days after the Pakatan Harapan Government was formed.
We have invited fellow distinguished LSE alumni who are at the front line of implementing the country's reform agenda to participate, as follows:
- YBhg Tuan Tommy Thomas, Attorney General of Malaysia (MSc International Relations 1975)
- YBhg Dato' Mohamad Ariff Yusof, Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat (LLB 1974)
- YB Ong Kian Ming, Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry (BSc Economics 1999)
- YB Michelle Ng, ADUN Subang Jaya (LLB 2012)
- YB Shahril Hamdan, Deputy Chief of UMNO Youth (MSc Sociology 2011)
The panel will be moderated by Aira Azhari, Coordinator of Democracy and Governance at IDEAS (LLM Public International Law 2015).
We will also be launching the "Malaysia Floor@LSE" initiative during this event, a campaign that will proudly etch Malaysia's name, as the shining beacon of global democracy, on the hallowed grounds of LSE.
Seats are limited, so please ensure that you confirm your attendance now!